FAIR WORK COMMISSION
Fair Work (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Act 2009
Sch. 5,Item 6 - Review of all modern awards (other than modern enterprise and State PS awards) after first 2 years
Modern Awards Review 2012—Award Flexibility
(AM2012/51 and others)
AIRLINE OPERATIONS—GROUND STAFF AWARD 2010
SENIOR DEPUTY PRESIDENT WATSON
MELBOURNE,4 DECEMBER 2013
Modern Awards Review 2012 –Award flexibility.
A. Further to the decision issued by the Award Flexibility Full Bench on 12 November 2013 1 it is ordered that the Airline Operations—Ground Staff Award 2010 be varied as follows:
1. By inserting at the end of clause 7.2 the following sentence:
An agreement under this clause can only be entered into after the individual employee has commenced employment with the employer.
2. By inserting in clause 7.3(b) the words “at the time the agreement is made”after the words “result in the employee being better off overall”.
3. By deleting the words “four weeks’”appearing in clause 7.8(a) and inserting “13 weeks’”.
4. By inserting the following note as a new paragraph after the end of clause 7.8(b):
Note:If any of the requirements of s.144(4),which are reflected in the requirements of this clause,are not met then the agreement may be terminated by either the employee or the employer,giving written notice of not more than 28 days (see s.145 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)).
5. By renumbering clause 7.9 as 7.10.
6. By inserting a new clause 7.9 as follows:
7.9 The notice provisions in clause 7.8(a) only apply to an agreement entered into from the first full pay period commencing on or after 4 December 2013. An agreement entered into before that date may be terminated in accordance with clause 7.8(a),subject to four weeks’notice of termination.
B. This determination comes into operation from 4 December 2013.
SENIOR DEPUTY PRESIDENT
1  FWCFB 8859.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer
<Price code A>