FAIR WORK COMMISSION
Fair Work Act 2009
s.149A - Superannuation contributions for defined benefit members
s.155A - Terms dealing with superannuation
cl. 10 Sch. 1 - FWC to vary certain modern awards
cl. 11 Sch. 1 - FWC to update certain modern awards
HEALTH PROFESSIONALS AND SUPPORT SERVICES AWARD 2010
Health and welfare services
SENIOR DEPUTY PRESIDENT ACTON
MELBOURNE,30 DECEMBER 2013
Default superannuation funds.
A. Further to the decision issued on 30 December 2013  FWCFB 10016 it is ordered that the above award be varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definitions in clause 3.1 in alphabetical order:
default fund employee means an employee who has no chosen fund within the meaning of the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992 (Cth)
defined benefit member has the meaning given by the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992 (Cth)
exempt public sector superannuation scheme has the meaning given by the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth)
MySuper product has the meaning given by the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth)
2. By deleting clause 22.4(d) Health Super.
3. By renumbering clauses 22.4(e) to 22.4(l) as clauses 22.4(d) to 22.4(k).
4. By inserting the following words at the end of clause 22.4(k) “and is a fund that offers a MySuper product or is an exempt public sector scheme”.
5. By inserting a new clause 22.4(l) at the end of the ‘Superannuation fund’clause as follows:
(l) a superannuation fund or scheme which the employee is a defined benefit member of.
B. This determination takes effect from 1 January 2014.
SENIOR DEPUTY PRESIDENT
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer
<Price code A>