|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
s.156—4 yearly review of modern awards
4 yearly review of modern awards
JOURNALISTS PUBLISHED MEDIA AWARD 2020
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,20 NOVEMBER 2020
4 yearly review of modern awards –Journalists Published Media Award 2020 –substantive issues –modern award varied.
A. Further to the Decision [ FWCFB 6249] issued by the Fair Work Commission on 20 November 2020,the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
digital publication means an online publication,other than an online publication which is an associated publication of a print publication (such as a metropolitan daily newspaper or a regional daily newspaper).
2. By deleting the definition of “specialist publication”in clause 2.
3. By deleting clause 4.5 and inserting the following:
4.5 The award does not cover:
(a) employees employed as editor,editor in chief and chief of staff of a metropolitan daily newspaper;and
(b) employees who occupy positions with an annual salary greater than the Level 11 rate of pay and which involve the exercise of significant editorial,artistic or managerial control or direction within a publication.
4. By deleting clause 4.9(a) and inserting the following:
(i) Levels 12 or 13;
(ii) Level 10 by a suburban newspaper;or
(iii) Level 9 by a country non-daily newspaper.
5. By deleting clause 4.9(d).
6. By deleting clause 10.4(a)(iii) and inserting the following:
(iii) in the case of employees employed by a magazine,regional daily newspaper,suburban newspaper,country non-daily newspaper or digital publication,7.5 hours in a day.
7. By deleting the table appearing in clause 19.2 and inserting the following:
Employees employed by a
% of ordinary hourly rate
Metropolitan daily newspaper,suburban newspaper,a magazine or a wire service
Regional daily newspaper,country non-daily newspaper or digital publication
8. By deleting clause 19.4 and inserting the following:
19.4 Saturday and Sunday work
Subject to the provisions of clause 19,an employee who is rostered or required to perform and performs ordinary hours on a shift where the greater part of the shift falls between the hours of midnight Friday and midnight Sunday will be paid an additional 10% of their ordinary hourly rate for that shift.
9. By deleting clause 20—Specialist publications.
10. By renumbering clauses 21 to 31 as clauses 20 to 30.
11. By deleting the table appearing at 20.2(a) and inserting the following:
Additional annual leave per year
A metropolitan daily newspaper,wire service,regional daily newspaper,suburban newspaper,magazine or digital publication
A country non-daily newspaper
12. By updating the table of contents and cross-references accordingly.
B. This determination comes into operation on 1 March 2021. In accordance with s.165(3) of the Fair Work Act 2009,this determination does not take effect in relation to a particular employee until the start of the employee’s first full pay period that starts on or after 1 March 2021.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer