|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
s.156—4 yearly review of modern awards
4 yearly review of modern awards—Overtime for casuals
MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS AWARD 2020
Health and welfare services
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,30 OCTOBER 2020
4 yearly review of modern awards –common issue –overtime for casuals –Medical Practitioners Award 2020.
1. By deleting clause 11.2(a) and inserting the following:
(i) the ordinary hourly rate for the classification in which they are employed;and
(ii) a loading of 25% of the ordinary hourly rate.
2. By renumbering clauses 11.3 and 11.4 as clauses 11.4 and 11.5.
3. By inserting a new clause 11.3 as follows:
11.3 When a casual employee works overtime,they must be paid the overtime rates in clause 20.2.
4. By deleting the words “Overtime rate (% of ordinary hourly rate)”appearing in the first row of the table appearing at clause 20.2 and inserting “Full-time and part-time overtime rate”.
5. By inserting a new row beneath the first row of the table appearing at clause 20.2 and including the words "% of ordinary hourly rate"in the second column.
6. By updating the cross-references accordingly.
B. This determination comes into operation on 20 November 2020. In accordance with s.165(3) of the Fair Work Act 2009 this determination does not take effect in relation to a particular employee until the start of the employee’s first full pay period that starts on or after 20 November 2020.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer