|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
LIVE PERFORMANCE AWARD 2020
Live performance industry
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 –casual amendments –review of modern awards –Live Performance Award 2020 –award varied.
A. Pursuant to clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008],the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
2. By deleting clause 8.2 and inserting the following:
8.2 All employees must be provided with a written statement stating who they are employed by and setting out their classification and rate of pay. For all employees,except casual employees,the written statement will also set out their hours of work.
3. By deleting clause ‘9—Right to request casual conversion’and inserting the following:
9. Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE:Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 24—Dispute resolution.
4. By deleting clause 30.1 and inserting the following:
30.1 An employer must inform an employee that they are employed as a casual employee,stating by whom they are employed,their classification level and rate of pay.
5. By deleting clause 39.1.
6. By renumbering clauses 39.2 to 39.5 as clauses 39.1 to 39.4.
7. By deleting clause 47.6.
8. By renumbering clauses 47.7 to 47.10 as clauses 47.6 to 47.9.
9. By deleting clause 57.1 and inserting the following:
57.1 A casual employee may be engaged for a minimum of 3 consecutive hours.
10. By updating the table of contents and cross references accordingly.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer