|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
MOBILE CRANE HIRING AWARD 2020
Building,metal and civil construction industries
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 –casual amendments –review of modern awards –Mobile Crane Hiring Award 2020 –award varied.
A. Pursuant to clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008],the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
2. By deleting the entire reference to clause 9.7(g) appearing in clause 7.2.
3. By deleting clause 9.1.
4. By renumbering clauses 9.2 to 9.7 as clauses 9.1 to 9.6.
5. By inserting the word ‘and’at the end of clause 9.2(c).
6. By deleting clause 9.2(d).
7. By renumbering clause 9.2(e) as clause 9.2(d).
8. By deleting clause 9.6 and inserting the following:
9.6 Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE:Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 32—Dispute resolution.
9. By updating the cross references accordingly.