|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
s.157,s.160 and cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
PHARMACY INDUSTRY AWARD 2020
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 –casual amendments –review of modern awards –Pharmacy Industry Award 2020 –award varied.
A. Pursuant to s.157,s.160 and clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 (Act) and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008],the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
2. By inserting the following after paragraph (b) in the extract of s.61 of the Act that appears in clause 2 under the definition of ‘National Employment Standards’:
(ba) offers and requests for casual conversion (Division 4A);
3. By deleting clause 11.1.
4. By renumbering clauses 11.2 to 11.7 as clauses 11.1 to 11.6.
5. By deleting clause 11.6 and inserting the following:
11.6 Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE:Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 31—Dispute resolution.
6. By updating the cross references accordingly.
B. This determination comes into operation on 27 September 2021. Paragraphs 1 and 3–6 of this determination take effect on 27 September 2021. Paragraph 2 of this determination does not take effect in relation to a particular employee until the start of the employee’s first full pay period that starts on or after 27 September 2021.