|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
TEXTILE,CLOTHING,FOOTWEAR AND ASSOCIATED INDUSTRIES AWARD 2020
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY,27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 —casual amendments —review of modern awards –Textile,Clothing,Footwear and Associated Industries Award 2020 –award varied.
A. Pursuant to clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008],the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
2. By deleting clause 10.2.
3. By renumbering clauses 10.3 to 10.12 as clauses 10.2 to 10.11.
4. By deleting clause 11.1 and inserting the following:
11.1 A casual employee may only be engaged in relieving work or work of an irregular or intermittent nature.
5. By deleting the sentence ‘A casual employee will be engaged by the hour.’appearing in clause 11.11.
6. By deleting clause 11.12 and inserting the following:
11.12 Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE:Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 40—Dispute resolution.
7. By updating the cross references accordingly.